We are a diverse, Christ-centered people united in compassion, worship, and service.
Sisters and Brothers,
In the first century, Paul of Tarsus, wrote a letter of encouragement and challenge to the fledgling Christians in Rome. Among his encouragements and challenges appear these words:
Let love be genuine; hate what is evil, hold fast to what is good;
love one another with mutual affection; outdo one another in showing honor. Do not lag in zeal, be ardent in spirit, serve the Lord. Rejoice in hope, be patient in suffering, persevere in prayer. Contribute to the needs of the saints; extend hospitality to strangers. Romans 12:9-13
INTERFAITH HOSPITALITY NETWORK
Ladles of Love - Community Meal
Park Church and Temple Ner Tamid provide a free meal for the community on the 2nd and 4th Sundays each month from 1 - 2 PM. During the months of July & August we also provide meals EVERY Wednesday at 6 PM.
If you would like to be a part of the team please contact the Church Office
NJ FOOD PANTRY
Church World Service Kit Collections - Park UMC is a regional depository
To assemble a School Kit, you will need:
Pack all items inside the cloth bag. Then contact the church office at 973-429-7745 to schedule a time to drop off your kits.
To assemble a Hygiene Kit, you will need:
Place all items in a one-gallon plastic bag with a zipper closure, remove excess air from bag, and seal. Please do not add toothpaste to the Hygiene Kit. Cartons of toothpaste that have an extended expiration date will be added to Hygiene Kits at a later time.
Then contact the church office at 973-429-7745 to schedule a time to drop off your kits.
A complete FLOOD BUCKET includes:
One five-gallon bucket with reseal able lid (If bucket has been used, clean well but do not use if it has held chemicals of any kind.)
· Four scouring pads Seven sponges, including one large
One scrub brush· Eighteen reusable cleaning towels (e.g. Easy Wipes)
· One 50 oz. or two 25 oz. bottle(s) of liquid laundry detergent· One 16-28 oz. bottle of liquid disinfectant dish soap
· One 12-16 oz. bottle of household cleaner that can be mixed with water (no spray bottles)· One package of 48-50 clothespins· Clothesline, two 50 ft. or one 100 ft.
· Five dust masks· Two pairs non surgical latex gloves· One pair work gloves, cotton with leather palm or all leather
· 24-28 heavy duty or contractor type 30-45 gallon trash bags on a roll and removed from carton· One 6-9 oz. bottle of non-aerosol insect repellent
*All cleaning items must be new – all liquid items must be capped and securely tightened. Place all items into the bucket, making sure they are packed securely to avoid damage during shipment. Snap the lid on tight and include $3.00 to assist in shipping.
Check back here regularly to keep updated on all our mission projects